CAP: Appendix 4 Terms and Conditions
In order to apply, you must agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions of the Canadian Agricultural Partnership (“CAP”) Cost-share Program for Organizations and Collaborations.
The applicant must be a legal entity that is eligible under CAP Cost-share Funding Assistance Program for Organizations and Collaborations. The individual who signs the application form must be a person who is authorized by the applicant to sign the form on behalf of the applicant and to bind the applicant to the contents therein. This person is referred to as “you” below.
You must certify on the Application that:
- You have read, understand, and agree to abide by all requirements of CAP Cost-share Funding Assistance Program for Organizations and Collaborations. CAP Cost-share Funding Assistance Program Guide for Organizations and Collaborations sets out the Terms and Conditions for the initiative and the Project Category Descriptions.
- All information submitted in this application is true and complete, to the best of your knowledge, belief and understanding.
- All sources of funding for the proposed project have been disclosed in this application, including sources and amounts from federal, provincial and municipal governments, and such funds do not, and will, not exceed 100% of total project costs.
- You do not currently owe any money to Ontario or, you have attached a description of the applicant’s debt to Ontario to this application.
- You are not, nor is any officer, director or employee of the applicant (if any) a current or former federal public office holder or federal public servant, or, if you, or any officer, director or employee of the applicant (if any) are a current or former federal public officer holder or federal public servant, you or that officer, director or employee of the applicant (if any) are in compliance with the Conflict of Interest Act, the Conflict of Interest Code for Members of the House of Commons, the Values and Ethics Code for the Public Sector, and the Policy on Conflict of Interest and Post-employment, as applicable.
- You are not, nor is any officer, director or employee of the applicant (if any), a member of the House of Commons or of the Senate, or if you, or any officer, director or employee of the applicant (if any) are, you or the officer, director or employee of the applicant (if any) are permitted under the Parliament of Canada Act to receive funding from Canada under CAP.
You must further certify on the Application, that the applicant:
- Shall retain all records relating to any payments made to the applicant under the Initiative including, all invoices and proof of payment for at least seven (7) years from the date on which payment was received by the applicant.
- Shall consent to the Agricultural Adaptation Council, Ontario or Canada publishing information about the project/activities funded including the amount of funding the applicant has been approved to receive and/or has received under CAP, the nature of any project/activities funded, along with the applicant’s name and collaboration members (if applicable).
You must further acknowledge and accept that:
- CAP is a discretionary, non-entitlement program. Payment is subject to Ontario receiving all the necessary appropriations from the Ontario Legislature, Ontario receiving all the necessary monies from Canada, CAP eligible activities criteria, eligible expenses criteria, ineligible activities criteria, ineligible expenses criteria, priorities and target audiences as well as the applicant’s compliance with all terms and conditions of CAP.
- If it is determined that the applicant has received a payment the applicant was not eligible to receive, through administrative error or otherwise, the applicant will repay any and all payments that the applicant was not eligible to receive as well as any surplus funding.
- Any payments made to the applicant may be subject to recovery or offset against the applicant’s pre-existing debts to the Crown in Right of Ontario or Canada.
- Ontario, Ontario’s program administrator (if any) or, Canada, including, their respective Ministers, directors, officers, agents, employees or representatives (as applicable) shall not be liable for any damage or loss whatsoever, or howsoever arising, including, damage or loss arising from any advice, opinions, representations, warranties or the provision of information under CAP.
- The information provided for CAP may be disclosed by Ontario or Ontario’s program administrator (if any) on behalf of Ontario to verify compliance with other provincial and federal funding initiatives administered by Ontario or another program administrator on behalf of Ontario or by Ontario in order to confirm the information provided, to verify eligibility and to ensure there is no duplication of funding.
- The information provided for CAP may be subject to disclosure under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (Ontario), the Access to Information Act (Canada) or Privacy Act (Canada).
You must consent to the following on behalf of the applicant:
- To provide accurate, timely and full information, including supporting documentation, to Ontario or Ontario’s program administrator (if any) and will notify Ontario or Ontario’s program administrator (if any) immediately in the event that there are any changes to information provided.
- To provide Canada, Ontario and Ontario’s program administrator (if any), as well as their authorized representatives, with any information or access to a person, place or thing within ten (10) business days of any request, field verification or audit.
- On-site field inspections and/or audits, by Ontario or Ontario program administrator (if any), upon notice, and during normal business hours, to verify eligibility, and to evaluate compliance with the requirements of CAP.
- Reviews by Ontario of information related to other programs and initiatives delivered by, or for, Ontario in which the applicant is enrolled or has applied.
- Applicant’s name and contact information to be used by Ontario, Ontario’s program administrator (if any) and/or Canada to contact the applicant for the purpose of evaluating the effectiveness and efficiency of CAP programming, or for any other similar purpose.