CAP: Section K Assessment of Applications
All complete applications, as outlined in Section J. Detailed Steps from Pre-Proposal to Reporting, are evaluated at intake close. The applicant and project must meet all basic eligibility requirements, and fit the criteria defined for the Project Category Level, under which the project is submitted, found in Appendix 1.
Applications will not be considered if they do not meet all eligibility criteria or if they are not complete.
Complete applications that meet all the eligibility criteria are assessed according to the General Assessment Criteria below.
General Assessment Criteria
All eligible project applications will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- demonstrated direct alignment to support the Project Category, under which the project is submitted
- demonstrated need/benefits/rationale for the project
- demonstrated project governance outlining roles and responsibilities of applicant and, if applicable, collaboration members
- demonstrated adequate resources, experience and skills to successfully complete the project
- demonstrated financial capacity to cash flow project expenses
- well-defined budget, with reasonable project costs, that align with defined eligible/ineligible project costs at Project Category
- well-defined work plan that states specific and measurable outcomes, that can be achieved within the project timelines
- extent to which there will be broad impact/benefit across the organization/collaboration and industry
- appropriate plan in place for information sharing/knowledge transfer for the project
- documented industry support and partnerships/alliances with others; and
- demonstrated plan to sustain the project beyond CAP funding, if applicable
Additional Assessment Criteria
Project applications will be evaluated based on the following criteria, when applicable:
- where higher than 50 per cent cost-share funding is requested:
- how the project addresses CAP Innovation Rating Criteria in Section L, and/or,
- how the project addresses the Project Category Priorities of the Project Category, under which the project is submitted, found in Appendix 1, and/or,
- as otherwise noted in the Funding Available section of the Project Category, under which the project is submitted, found in Appendix 1.
- extent to which the project aligns with more than one Project Category (co-benefits)
Project Category Priorities are defined for each Project Category, and applicants are encouraged to address these priorities in their project applications to support achieving the outcomes for CAP, and/or to increase the level of cost-share funding their project may receive. Projects that are well-aligned with the Project Category Priorities will be given higher consideration.