CAP: Section D Cost Share Funding
Under CAP, eligible applicant organizations and collaborations can apply for cost-share funding to support projects meeting the requirements as defined for the Project Category, under which the project is submitted, found in Appendix 1.
CAP may provide cost-share funding assistance for eligible projects:
- up to 50 per cent of total eligible project costs, or
- greater than 50 per cent of total eligible costs, up to 75 per cent of total eligible costs, if the applicant can clearly demonstrate in their application:
- how the project addresses the Project Category Priorities of the Project Category, under which the project is submitted, found in Appendix 1, and/or,
- how the project addresses CAP Innovation Rating Criteria in Section L, and/or
- as otherwise noted in the Funding Available section of the Project Category, under which the project is submitted, found in Appendix 1
An individual project can only receive a single allocation of cost-share funding from CAP. Stacking of CAP cost-share funding from one or more applicants towards the same project is not permitted.
Organizations and collaborations are responsible to secure funding sources for the project, over-and above reimbursement provided through CAP, and:
- applicants must demonstrate that they have leveraged as much non-governmental assistance as possible
- priority will be given to applicants with industry-leveraged cash contributions
- the non-government contribution to each project can be cash, or a combination of both cash and a maximum of 15 per cent in-kind
- selected applicants will be reimbursed at the approved per cent cost-share funding for each eligible cost incurred and paid
Maximum Program Contribution Level
The maximum cost-share funding per applicant for all approved projects under CAP organization and collaboration funding program will not exceed $1 million over the life of the program. Funding greater than the maximum cost-share funding of $1 million may be considered on a case-by-case basis if the applicant can demonstrate exceptional broader benefit.