CAP: Section A Program Highlights
The Canadian Agricultural Partnership (CAP) is a five-year federal-provincial-territorial initiative that assists government, industry and other partners to work together to advance Ontario’s agri-food and agri-products sectors, and focus on achieving key outcomes related to economic development, environmental stewardship and protection and assurance.
CAP will build on the successes of Growing Forward 2 (GF2) to create further economic growth for Ontario’s agri-food and agri-products sectors.
Cost-Share Funding Assistance
All cost-share funding assistance is merit-based, and project funding amounts are individually established based on the new and updated project categories. Cost-share funding will support targeted projects in three priority areas, with research and innovation continuing to be important across all programming:
- Economic Development in the agri-food and agri-products sectors
- Environmental Stewardship to enhance water quality and soil health
- Protection and Assurance to reinforce the foundation for public trust in the sector through improved assurance systems in food safety and plant and animal health
Cost-share funding programs are available for producers, processors, agri-businesses, organizations and collaborations.
Program delivery partnerships continue with:
- The Agricultural Adaptation Council (AAC) to administer cost-share funding assistance to organizations and collaborations
- The Ontario Soil and Crop Improvement Association (OSCIA) to administer cost-share funding assistance to producers
- The Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (OMAFRA) will continue to administer cost-share funding assistance to food and beverage processors
Through CAP, the federal and provincial governments invest in other initiatives that support Ontario’s agriculture, agri-food and agri-products sectors.
To learn more visit OMAFRA’s website at www.ontario.ca/AgPartnership.