GF2: Frequently Asked Questions
How often can I submit a project claim?
A minimum of one claim per fiscal year is required.
- Applicants are encouraged to submit more frequent claims to reduce the risk of having unaccessed funds at the end of each fiscal year.
- If claim submissions are not consistent with the forecast, the AAC cannot guarantee that funds will be available for reimbursement.
How do I submit my claim?
Please visit www.adaptcouncil.org for GF2 claim templates and guidelines.
- Submit the completed Excel templates electronically to the AAC claims specialist.
- Copies of invoices and receipts can be submitted electronically (preferred) or by mail.
What is considered a communications product/piece?
Communications products include, but are not limited to:
- news (press) releases
- fact sheets
- PowerPoint presentations
- social media
- promotional items
- public notices
Where do I submit my materials for review?
After my materials have been distributed, will the AAC share my materials?
After you have distributed your materials please notify the AAC, firstname.lastname@example.org. The AAC will share your website link and/or content on the AAC website, AAC Twitter account and under the Recent News Section of the AAC's monthly E-Newsletter.
What are the communications requirements for GF2 applicants?
At least one communications/knowledge transfer piece must be developed during the lifetime of your Growing Forward 2 (GF2) project. As outlined in Schedule "D" of your project contract:
- All communications must acknowledge funding by including the GF2 tag line and logos
- All communication products developed under GF2 program must be submitted to the Agricultural Adaptation Council (AAC) for review, which will take up to 5 business days
How long will my approval take?
The review process will take approximately 5 business days for standard communication products. Please allow adequate time for this review.
Where do I access the logos, tag line, etc.?
This project is funded in part through Growing Forward 2 (GF2), a federal-provincial-territorial initiative. The Agricultural Adaptation Council assists in the delivery of GF2 in Ontario.
Disclaimer (place on reports and large documents):
The views expressed in the report or materials are the views of the <<Project Applicant>> and do not necessarily reflect those of the governments of Canada and Ontario.
Am I required to produce French versions of my communications materials?
No. GF2 applicants are not required to translate communications materials. However, your organization or collaboration should consider the audience that the piece will reach. Then, materials should be made accessible and available to that audience in all required forms.
Is it appropriate to tag @adaptcouncil on Twitter?
Yes. If the tweet is referencing AAC approved and GF2 funded project activities, please feel free to tag @adaptcouncil in your tweets. We will try to tag organizations and collaborations in project specific tweets as well.
Please direct all applicant communications inquires to:
Program & Communications Coordinator
519-822-7554, Ext. 644
Additional Questions? Contact:
Where can I find my project forecast?
The forecast is found in Schedule A, Part II, Section D of your AAC funding agreement. This forecast is based on the information you provided in your application. Providing an accurate forecast for your project, when you apply, is very important.
How do I know what activities fit within a fiscal year?
Fiscal year selection is based on the date work is performed. The GF2 fiscal year is April 1 to March 31.
What if my work is performed in March, but I get invoiced in April or May?
Activities that occur on, or before, March 31, but are invoiced and paid in April or May, are considered an expense within the previous fiscal year.
- For example, work performed on March 20, 2014, but invoiced on April 1, 2014, should be submitted with your April 1, 2013 - March 31, 2014 claim.
- Invoices are expected to be detailed and must specify when the work was performed.
How long do I have to submit expenses from the previous fiscal year?
June 30 is the last date to submit claims from the previous fiscal year. After this date, expenses from the previous year will not be eligible for reimbursement.
How much funding can I access each year of my project?
The amount is based on the forecast in Schedule A, Part II, Section D in your AAC funding agreement
- For example, in the chart below, the applicant forecasted a total of $50,000 in cash expenses, and $4,500 of in-kind contributions, for the 2015/2016 fiscal year. In order to fully access the project funding available for the year, the applicant must submit a total of $50,000 in cash expenses, and $4,500 of in-kind contributions, by June 30, 2016. Upon satisfactory demonstration of these costs, the applicant would be eligible for up to $39,172.
What does the spreadsheet received with my claim payment mean?
The spreadsheet attached to your claim payment is divided into two sections: the claim spreadsheet and the forecast by fiscal year.
- Claim Spreadsheet - It provides a summary of expenses submitted for reimbursement according to the budget by expense type found in Schedule A, Part II, Section E of your AAC funding agreement. It includes all the claims for the project, payments, and the remaining funding available.
- Forecast by Fiscal Year (April 1 – March 31) - The forecast summarizes the information, by fiscal year, found in Schedule A, Part II, Section D of your AAC funding agreement. It outlines the payments you have received to date, and the GF2 project funding remaining.
For example, in the chart below:
o Claim 1 (fiscal year 2015/16):
- the applicant has submitted eligible expenses of $50,000
- the forecast for the fiscal year is $54,500
- after the GF2 funding percentage is applied, the resulting claim payment is $35,937.50, leaving an unaccessed funding balance of $3,234.38
- unaccessed funding is unavailable for reimbursement in future fiscal years
o Claim 2 (fiscal year 2016/17):
- the applicant has submitted eligible expenses of $77,500
- the forecast for the fiscal year is $75,500
- the claim payment is limited to the maximum allowable forecasted GF2 funding amount for the 2016/17 fiscal year ($54,265.63)
- no additional claims submissions can be reimbursed during this fiscal year, and the amount of $1,437.50 ($55,703.13 - $54,265.63) will not be reimbursed in future claims