Becoming an AAC Member Organization
Benefits of Membership
- Regular updates on information concerning the ongoing activities of the Council.
- Promotion of your organization in the AAC newsletter and website.
- Insight into primary agriculture and agri-food sector trends, priorities and issues.
- Participation in nominations or the opportunity to be nominated to the AAC board of directors.
Becoming a Member
- Organizations should submit a letter requesting membership to the AAC. Letters should indicate the organization’s fit within the AAC’s sector groups.
- Requests are reviewed by the AAC’s executive committee who will make a recommendation to the AAC board of directors.
- Once an organization is approved for membership, the Board will ask the AAC’s membership to ratify the required by-law change at AAC’s next annual general meeting.
- On approval of membership, your organization will be assigned to an appropriate sector and a $150 membership fee will be applied.
- Sector elections for the AAC board of directors take place during the annual general meeting.
For more information about becoming a member please contact the AAC at 519-822-7554 or firstname.lastname@example.org.