AAC Career Opportunities
Finance Administrator Position
Overview of AAC
The Agricultural Adaptation Council (AAC) is an industry-led, not-for-profit, organization that accesses and invests public funds into projects that are priorities for Ontario’s agriculture and agri-food industry.
The AAC invites applications for the position of finance administrator. The finance administrator’s primary duties include day–to-day accounting, month end reconciliation, budget preparation, financial reporting and analysis. Work would be at the AAC office in Guelph and the position will report to the Manager, Finance and Administration.
Job Related Core Competencies:
- Exhibits accuracy, thoroughness, effectiveness and attention to detail
- Capacity to work in a self-directed manner, establish priorities and adhere to strict deadlines
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to work well independently and in a team setting
- Demonstrates competence, thoroughness and efficiency of work regardless of volume
- Perform daily accounting tasks, including processing invoices, payments, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining the accounting system
- Responsible for month end financial reconciliation, financial statements, and management reporting
- Assist in preparation of monthly and quarterly program finance reports
- Assist in the development and management of the annual operations budget
- Assist in the preparation for the year-end audit and financial statements
- Process government returns, including T4A’s, HST, WSIB, and EHT returns
- Responsible for all bank transactions and monitoring account activity
- Assist in facility management, including maintaining office supplies and asset management
- Assist in human resource management and maintaining staff handbook
- Complete other operational and strategic tasks, as required by the organization
- Minimum diploma in bookkeeping/accounting, or equivalent experience
- Experience in financial and budget management
- Experience working with Sage 300 ERP (formerly Accpac)
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel
- Ability to travel within the province
Please apply in confidence no later than November 13, 2018 by sending your resume, and a one-page summary of significant personal accomplishments that reflect your potential success in the position to:
Agricultural Adaptation Council
Attn: Human Resources
381 Elmira Road North, Unit 1, Guelph, ON, N1K 1H3
We thank all those who apply. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.