Finance Administrator Position
AAC and Canlead Solutions Background
For 25 years, AAC has been focused on helping the Ontario agriculture and agri-food industry adapt to changes and address opportunities across the sector. AAC has 65 member organizations from across the Ontario agri-food sector and operates under the direction of a board of directors. AAC is currently delivering three funding programs and continues to seek out opportunities for the delivery of government funding programs and explore partnerships for long-term strategic projects to benefit the Ontario agri-food industry.
Canlead Solutions was incorporated as a not-for-profit corporation in January 2020 and is the sister organization to AAC. Canlead also operates under the direction of a board of directors. Canlead has been working with a variety of clients across the Canadian agriculture and food industry, providing a range of services from day-to-day executive director duties, financial management and board support services, management of science clusters, and one-time projects, which include temporary staffing, board and staff handbook development, governance review, returning officer services, and strategic planning.
The AAC and Canlead share a team of experienced administration professionals. The selected candidate would be employed by AAC and perform tasks for both organizations.
Further information can be found on the AAC and Canlead websites:
The AAC and Canlead Solutions invite applications for the position of finance administrator. The finance administrator is responsible for general accounting, reconciliation of the accounting system, financial reporting and analysis. Work would be at the AAC office in Guelph and/or remote. The position will report to the Manager, Finance and Administration.
Job Related Core Competencies
- Exhibits accuracy, thoroughness, effectiveness and attention to detail
- Capacity to work in a self-directed manner, establish priorities and adhere to strict deadlines
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to work well independently and in a team setting
- Demonstrates competence, thoroughness and efficiency of work regardless of volume
- Perform daily accounting tasks for both the Agricultural Adaptation Council (AAC) and Canlead Solutions, and various Canlead Solutions clients, including accounts receivable, accounts payable, banking, payroll, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining multiple accounting systems.
- Responsible for month end financial reconciliation, preparing financial statements, and management reporting.
- Assist in the development and management of annual budgets.
- Assist in the preparation for the year-end audits and financial statements.
- Process government returns, including T4’s, T4A’s, HST, WSIB, and EHT returns
- Responsible for all bank transactions, monitoring account activity, and monthly bank reconciliations.
- Complete other operational and strategic tasks, as required by the organization.
- Be assigned to Canlead Solution clients to service contractual obligations of the organization. This may involve work at the client location(s), the assignments may vary from time to time in terms of assignments to various clients and client needs, and the time commitment required may vary over time. Such assignments may be frequent or infrequent as business needs arise during the course of employment. Flexibility to undertake and complete such assignments is required.
- A minimum diploma in bookkeeping/accounting, or equivalent experience
- Experience in financial and budget management
- Experience working with Sage 300 ERP (formerly Accpac), Sage 50 and QuickBooks
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel
- Ability to travel within the province
- Ability to work remotely
Please apply in confidence no later than March 5, 2021 by sending your resume, and a one-page summary of significant personal accomplishments that reflect your potential success in the position to:
Agricultural Adaptation Council/Canlead Solutions
Attn: Human Resources
381 Elmira Road North, Unit 1, Guelph, ON, N1K 1H3
We thank all those who apply. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.