How to apply for funding
Canadian Agricultural Partnership (the Partnership) for Organizations and Collaborations
Step 1: Pre-proposal
- completing a pre-proposal is not required, but strongly encouraged
- applicants can submit a pre-proposal prior to completing the full application form
- pre-proposals provide AAC staff with an opportunity to review project ideas and provide feedback
- AAC staff will provide feedback to your pre-proposal within 10 business days, either by telephone or email
- any feedback offered will be in response to your pre-proposal only, and should not be considered an endorsement/approval of any application for funding that may be subsequently submitted. All final decisions regarding applications for funding are made by the AAC board of directors
- pre-proposals received less than ten days before an intake deadline will be responded to after the application deadline
- pre-proposal forms can be found at www.adaptcouncil.org/program/cap
Step 2: Enrolment
- enroll your organization or collaboration through the Partnership Client Portal
- applicants must input an Operation ID into the application form. The Operation ID is generated from either the GF2 Client Portal or the Partnership Client Portal
Step 3: Application
- application forms and intake deadlines can be found at: www.adaptcouncil.org/program/cap
- for an application submission to be considered complete, the applicant must have a valid Operation ID, complete the application form in Word, budget in Excel, complete and sign the Declaration Form for the Applicant (and Collaboration Members, if applicable) and email all items to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:30 p.m. on the intake deadline, along with any additional items outlined on the Application Checklist (as provided in the application form)
- AAC will confirm receipt of complete applications within one business day of the intake deadline
- if an application submission is not considered complete, AAC will inform the applicant and the applicant can apply for a subsequent intake deadline
Greenhouse Competitiveness and Innovation Initiative (GCII)
To learn more about GCII, you can refer to the GCII Program Guide.
Applicants can submit an Initial Application Form for up to two (2) proposed activities. Applicants can submit a Supplemental Application Form for any additional activities. Both Initial and Supplemental Application Forms are available on the GCII webpage.
The Initial Application Form submission must include:
- Part 1 Applicant/Farm Information
- Part 2 Business Plan for Greenhouse Operation
- Part 3 Activity Information
- Part 4 Declaration and Signature
- Part 5 Production Area Declaration Form - for Flowers Canada (Ontario) (FCO) or Ontario Greenhouse Vegetable Growers (OGVG) members only
- If you are a member of FCO or OGVG, the Production Area Declaration Form must be completed and submitted to your sector organization for signature. The organization will return the form to AAC. If you are a member of both FCO and OGVG, it is your responsibility to submit a copy of the form to both organizations. To learn more about the Production Area Declaration refer to the GCII Program Guide or the Production Area Declaration page.
Where more than one activity is proposed, AAC will evaluate each activity on its own merit. Total funding for all approved activities funding shall not exceed the maximum eligible funding as defined in Section E of the GCII Program Guide.
Completed GCII applications can be emailed to email@example.com until September 28, 2018.
Applications will be reviewed by AAC staff on a continuous basis. AAC will confirm receipt of the application within 1 business day.