CAP: Communications Guidelines and Templates
The following guidelines and templates are available to help with project communications:
All communications products developed under the Canadian Agricultural Partnership (Partnership) program must be reviewed by the Agricultural Adaptation Council (AAC), the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food, and Rural Affairs (OMAFRA), and Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC) prior to print and/or distribution.
Communications products include, but are not limited to:
- letters/proposals, news releases/articles, newsletters, presentations, reports/studies, scientific journals/posters, videos, websites, marketing materials, etc.
- The review process takes approximately ten (10) business days for standard communication products. Please allow adequate time for this review.
- If you are submitting numerous products at one time or products that are lengthy or technical in nature, additional review time may be required.
- Due to the political nature of the following, additional review time may be required for hosting a media event/funding announcement or issuing a press release, as Minister, MP and/or MPP participation and/or a quote may be requested
The Applicant must have all Canadian Agricultural Partnership communications products reviewed and approved by AAC; otherwise AAC cannot guarantee that expenses associated with the communications products will be eligible for reimbursement.
All materials should include the graphic identifiers and/or the tagline as described on the following page. Electronic versions of the graphic identifiers and communications products templates are available here.
- All identifiers must be surrounded by ample white space, free from any distracting elements
- To ensure proper visibility, the logos should not be made any smaller than 0.75 cm high. If it is impractical to apply the logo, the tagline may be used
- All identifiers must appear at the bottom of the frame, stretching across the width entirely
- Identifiers cannot be incorporated into a headline, phrase or sentence
- Identifiers need to be consistent with each other in size, density, weight and colour
- Each product shall include the prominent placement of the identifier
- Identifiers should appear in equal height on the same line in the following order: Canadian Agricultural Partnership (left justified), AAC, Ontario, Canada (right justified)
- If you are including the logo for your organization/company with the Partnership identifiers, contact the AAC before you finalize your communications products and we can update the identifiers for you
This project was funded in part through the Canadian Agricultural Partnership (the Partnership), a federal-provincial-territorial initiative. The Agricultural Adaptation Council assists in the delivery of the Partnership in Ontario.
Submitting draft communications products for review:
- All Project Communication products outlined in Schedule A, Part 1 of your funding agreement are to be submitted for review and approval via email to Erin Genge, in a format that can be edited (i.e. doc, docx, rtf, pptx, etc.)
- If your targeted release date has changed, include the updated release date in the email
- If you are preparing communications products that are not listed in your communications plan, include the following details in your email: Means of Distribution, Target Audience, Expected Reach, Targeted Release Date
- Draft communications products will not be accepted for review, please ensure all edits are made before submitting the final product to AAC
- AAC will complete a preliminary review of the communications product before forwarding the piece for further review by OMAFRA and AAFC
- Upon final approval, the piece will be sent back to the applicant
- Applicants are responsible for emailing Erin Genge to provide the Actual Reach and Actual Release Date after the communications product has been released
If you are sharing approved communications products or project updates through Twitter, we encourage you to use #CdnAgPartnership.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Erin Genge, Program & Communications Coordinator, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: 519-822-7554 ext. 664